STEPS OF COOKING
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Cut the chicken in half or make small deep cuts all over the chicken.
- Dissolve Mehran Mandi Masala in 1/2 cup of water and 2-3 tablespoon of oil/butter. Mix well and apply to the meat. Let it marinate for 2-3 hours.
- In a deep pot pour 2 cups of water. Place the meat in it. Cover tightly and cook on low heat for 45 minutes or until meat becomes tender. Remove from heat and separate meat and stock. (For lamb/mutton add 4 cups of water and cook for 2 hours).
To Bake the Chicken: Wrap the meat with the perforated foil and then put it in oven at 250oC temperatures. Cook for 1 ½ hour and then uncover foil and further cook for 10 minutes to grill the surface of
the chicken. (For Lamb/Mutton cook for 3 hours or until meat becomes tender).
- Heat 3 tbsp butter, add fry meat from all sides till light golden and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil and fry sliced onions till light brown. Add meat, stock, crushed cinnamon & 3-4 clove pieces, rice and 3 cups of water. Bring it to boil. Cover tightly and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove lid and place the meat on rice. Cover and further cook it for 5 minutes till the rice is tender. Dish it out by placing meat over the rice.
SHATTA (TOMATO SAUCE) RECIPE:
- Wash clean and chopped the tomatoes (4-5 pcs), onion (1 pc small), green chilies (4-5 pcs), garlic clove (4-5 pcs), lemon juice (1/2 tbsp), fresh coriander (1/4 cup), Mehran Curry Powder (1 tsp.), salt and water 2 tbsp. or as required. Now blend all ingredients well together. Tomato chutney is ready to serve with Mandi.
- FOR CHICKEN: 2 ½ hour
- FOR BEEF/MUTTON: 4 hours
- SERVE WITH SHATTA TOMATO SAUCE