Steps of cooking
- In a bowl add chicken, Mehran Ginger & Garlic Paste, yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon juice, tomatoes and Mehran Tikka Biryani Masala. Mix well and let it marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil/ghee, and fry onions until they become golden, take out 2 tbsp and keep aside.
- In the same oil/ghee add marinated chicken, cover and cook until meat is tenderized, add green chilli then remove. Burn a small piece of coal and place on a piece of foil in the pan, spread 1 tsp oil on the coal, cover and keep for 15 minutes. (Ensure the coal does not mix with the ingredients).
- In a separate large pan, boil 10 – 12 glasses of water with 2 – 21/2 tbsp salt and add soaked Mehran Basmati Rice. When rice is half cooked, remove and strain water.
- Now spread prepared masala on rice in two layers and on top
spread the fried onion, lemon juice and fresh coriander. Cover and cook on high heat for 3 minutes then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes. When rice is done mix and serve.