Steps of cooking
- In a pan, add 3 – 4 glasses of water, meat, 1 quartered onion, ginger, garlic and half a packet of Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pullao Masala. Cover and cook on medium heat until meat becomes tender. (For beef/mutton add 6 – 7 glasses of water).
- When 3 glasses of stock remains, take out meat and strain the stock in a seperate pan, discarding the whole spices.
- Heat oil/ghee, fry sliced onions until they become golden. Then take out 2 tbsp of onions and keep a side.
- In the same oil/ghee and onion, add meat, fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Add yogurt and half a packet of Mehran Punjabi Yakhni Pullao Masala, stir continuously and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add stock, boil on high heat and add soaked Mehran Basmati Rice. Now cover and cook on medium heat. When water is reduced, cook on low heat for 15 minutes. When rice is cooked, spread the remaining onion. Mix well and remove.