Steps of cooking
- Take out 1 tbsp of Mehran Nihari Masala and keep aside
- In a large pan heat 3/4 cup of oil/ghee, add Mehran Ginger & Garlic Paste and fry for 1 minute. Then add beef/mutton/chicken, marrow/knuckles and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add Mehran Nihari Masala and continuously fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 9-10 glasses of water, cover and cook on low heat (2-3 hours for beef, 2-3 hours for mutton and for chicken add 3-4 glasses of water and cook for 25-30 minutes) until meat becomes tender.
- Dissolve lightly roasted wheat our in 1 ½ cups of water.
Add as required in nihari gravy, stir continuously. Cover and cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- . In remaining oil/ghee, fry onion until it becomes light golden, add green chilli, green coriander, ginger julienne and 1tbsp of Mehran Nihari Masala in it and mix well. Add in nihari and cook for 5-10 minutes.
*For best results make powder of 1 star anise, big cardamom,
3-4 cloves and 1 long pepper and sprinkle on nihari.