Steps of cooking
- Heat the oil/ghee, fry onions until they become golden brown, take out onion and crush half quantity and keep the rest aside.
- Finely cut green coriander, mint and green chillies. Keep aside.
- Marinate the beef/mutton/chicken with1/2 cup oil/ ghee, Mehran Hyderabadi Biryani Masala, yogurt, crushed onion, half chopped green masala, 2 tbsp lemon juice, Mehran Ginger & Garlic Paste and keep for 2 hours. (If using Beef or Mutton then add 2 tbsp papaya paste).
- Cook meat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan boil soaked Mehran Basmati Rice with 14 cups of water and 21/2 tbsp salt and boil till half-done then strain and keep aside.
li> Now spread prepared masala on rice in two layers and on top
spread the fried onion, mint and coriander.Cover and cook on high heat for 3 minutes then lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes. When rice is done mix and serve.